Northampton – Mentor
Salary: 12.000-18.000 per annum
We are seeking an inspiring and committed individual who is looking for a new and rewarding role in their teaching career. If you have experience in behaviour management and want to make a difference – we would love to hear from you.
You will establish close relationships with other members of the Senior Management Team and ensure that each school is inspection-ready at all times through an outstanding provision.
Progress Schools is a multi-sited company, with each school registered with the Department of Education as an Independent School. We specialise in teaching KS3 and 4 students whom may present challenging behaviours or are not suited to mainstream education. We offer an alternative curriculum to meet the needs of each student on an individual basis.
Young people often come to us disengaged, with a lack of motivation for learning. Your role will involve leading a committed team of teachers who provide functional skills and vocational teaching, whilst encouraging learners to develop as people.
The successful candidate will be a confident individual with excellent communication skills and a great sense of humour, resilience is also essential.
Our schools are committed to child protection and promoting the welfare of young people. We expect all staff to share the same passion and commitment as our mission statement iterates – supporting the potential to achieve.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check (DBS) under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Acts 1974. Further details regarding this check are available from www.disclosures.co.uk
If you want to join a team of industry experts in a nationwide business rated a ‘good’ school by Ofsted, don’t hesitate to apply today
Roles & Responsibilities*
- Personal Development, Behaviour & Welfare
- Work with students on 1:1 basis or in small groups, to develop them towards confident, self-assured learners.
- Support students with high level quality careers advice and guidance that helps them to make informed choices about their future.
- Equip students to develop the expected behaviours and values required at the next stage of their careers.
- Support all students to make significant improvements in their attendance and punctuality from the starting point.
- Support students to keep themselves safe and healthy.
- Support the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of student
Friday 15th February 2019
Please note: Applications received after this time will not be considered.